Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I Guess Reality is Better than a Dream

It's 3:00 am on a Monday night, and I'm still not sleep. Why not? I mean, it's quiet in the room. Nobody is awake outside of the room. It's dark. Why am I not sleep? It's because something is missing... girls who have ever spent a night with their boyfriend know what I'm talking about, especially if they've done it more than once. It's that feeling you get, that warm, content feeling. It's the wrap up of the day. And it really hasn't been that good of a day. 

Everybody is stressed out. Finals are coming and obligations are piling up. Friends are becoming enemies, cliques are shifting and breaking apart, and relationships are crumbling. I don't know if it's just the time of the year or what, but things are not going so well for ANYBODY right now. 

This week won't help one bit, either. Those who are affected by it know why this isn't such a good week. I miss that feeling, that content feeling I get as I'm falling asleep to the rhythm of his breathing. I'm robbed of that feeling during every break we get and now here I am, as if this were another break or something. I can't lie in bed for an entire week eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream and watching stand-up comedy on YouTube, but that's what my day has gone to. Oh, and the occasional homework assignment. Other than that, it's been a real sad day. Lonely too, I might add, though I spent some time with a group of people. As surrounded as I was, I wasn't by him, and that made it all the worst. Ladies, you know what I'm talking about? That feeling when all you want is him and no matter how many people you're around, you still don't feel completely content because he's not there? I can't wait for this week to be over so things can go back to the way they used to be before all this stuff started happening. 

This weekend was a horrible preface for the week to come, and now there's no chance for normality until next week. *Sigh*. 

No comments: