Thursday, November 6, 2008

What's This "Soda"? It's Called POP!!

Do the Dew!!!

Let me start out by saying I'm not an avid Mountain Dew drinker. I prefer Sierra Mist and Sprite to Mountain Dew any day. But as far as these new flavors are going, Mountain Dew is KILLING!



First I tried Mountain Dew Revolution (the one on the far right). I was at a gas station and saw it and was thirsty, so I decided to give it a try. It was good enough for me to want to get one every time I went to the gas station. It tasted like a slightly less powerful blue Amp...basically, it tasted like blueberry pop. My curiosity was piqued...I wanted to taste the other two flavors.

It took a few weeks before I came across Supernova, but as soon as I saw it I KNEW I had to cop it. Supernova tastes like a slightly less powerful red Amp. If Koolaid comes in strawberry, that's what Supernova would taste like. I should probably clarify that I don't know what flavors Koolaid comes in because I only pay attention to the color (You got some red koolaid? Naw, I don't like the green one, how about that blue one??).

Again, weeks passed, and I stuck with Supernova, unable to find Revolution or the mysterious third flavor. Until today, when I discovered Voltage. Voltage is supposed to be Raspberry Citrus but it tastes like grape Amp, which isn't a bad thing.

By the way, I just discovered that Mountain Dew and Amp are both made by Pepsi (just happened to have an Amp in the fridge) which explains why I can't help but compare these new flavors to Amp.

If you're a pop drinker, and you liked Code Red and Livewire (two very good flavors, I might add), then give these new flavors a try. Apparently people are supposed to vote on which one they like the most. I wish all three would stay on the shelves; they're all really good.

4 comments:

Video Vix[o]n said...

those flavors sound extreme. I'm always a sucker for trying new stuff, so if i see it, ill try it out.

Samson said...

It's called SODA! SOOOOOOODAAAA!!

It's not the fifties!

Do you want a malt with that?

LOL

Anyways NVR got into "the dew" but I tapped somebodies "blue stuff" and that shit is off the meat rack!

Raft3r said...

hehe
i no longer drink pop
but mountain dew was a childhood fave

Mz. Common Sense said...

@ video vix[o]n - Trust me, you won't be sorry lol. These flavors are delicious!

@ andre - Sorry, it's a Chi-town thing. I don't think anyone else calls it pop but Chicagoans. LMAO @ "off the meat rack"!

@ raft3r - how unfortunate that you don't drink pop anymore!! it's too delicious to give up!