Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Don't Leave Me Alone!

I love beats.

The first time I hear a song, I pay no attention to the lyrics or who's singing it. Those are important, but for me, a beat can make or break a song. A songwriter can be a lyrical genius but if the beat doesn't do it for me then the song gets put in a pile for review at a later time.

Then, of course, there are the songs with beats that are sick but horrible lyrics (Shawty Lo's "Dey Know", for example).

So when I first heard the song "Alone" by Ja Rule, Ashanti, Harry O, 7 Aurelius and Irv Gotti last September, I was instantly drawn to it simply because of the background beat.


I tell bitches I possess they soul, and they can never leave real niggas alone...


Heard that beat somewhere? If you listen to smooth jazz or eighties music and/or have parents that do so, you probably have. It remains one of those songs you hear all the time and get stuck in your head but because of the lack of lyrics, you can't figure out what the name of it is. Look no more! The name of the song is "Moments in Love" by Art of Noise. And just in case you're not sure we're talking about the same song, here's the video for it:


Though I don't quite get the turtle thing...

I'm not gonna lie, this song gives me chills every time I hear it. It's perfect for relaxing, studying, or even (yes) those moments in love every once in a while.

2 comments:

Hyaku Juuhachi said...

Fuck Ja

118

Mz. Common Sense said...

Lol I know you don't like Ja Rule but the song is hot...if only because of the base track