Thursday, June 26, 2008

To Categorize or Not To Categorize

*Sigh*.

I tried, guys. I really did.

I tried creating categories in Blogger.

First I decided to switch to Wordpress, because you can create categories in Wordpress. But something wasn't working quite right; I couldn't get any further than downloading it to my desktop. I couldn't open it.

So I consulted my trusted friend Google, because I knew there was a way around this twisted system. After about an hour of searching and reading and realizing I didn't understand the complicated terms and re-searching the Web, I FINALLY found an easy to understand website.

I followed all the steps to the best of my "limited HTML" ability. I refreshed my page, and VOILA!! A nice section said "Categories" with a subsection, Movies (and a 2 to indicated that I had tagged two posts).

Awesome!!

Or not. When I clicked on the link, it didn't go where it was supposed to go. : (

Not easily deterred, I went back to the page where I had found the easy instructions to see if there were some troubleshooting tips. Somebody had experienced the same thing I did! Things were looking up!

But I couldn't find the section where the error apparently was. ANYWHERE. I got lost in a world of <>s and /s and CSS and all other sorts of things.

So here I am again, back at square one. But I am far from giving up. I just can't bear to suffer any more defeat today. I WILL have categories on my blog. Just wait and see!!

No comments: