Friday, June 27, 2008

These Are a Few of My Most Hated Things

Everybody has a pet peeve (or, if you're like me, quite a few) so having not much else to blog about for now, I decided to share some of these things with you.

1. City amusement taxes. I was looking at our cable bill last night (Bigmama complained about prices rising) and discovered an 8% city amusement tax. You are basically paying the city once a month to be amused by television. I considered calling the cable company to complain that my service wasn't particularly amusing this month and so the city didn't deserve an 8% amusement tax but I decided against it.
2. Fake-out thunderstorms. I hate it when it looks like it's going to rain, I plan my day around the possibility of rain, and then it doesn't rain. There should be a law of Nature that states that gray clouds are only allowed when rain is actually going to come. Too many times have I been caught in absolute sunshine in the afternoon wearing long jeans and carrying a golf umbrella.
3.Public transportation riders. From regular passengers who yell into cell phones to the homeless people who make the air in the train car unbreathable to the peddlers selling "Chews, Fruities, and Tootsie Rolls" to the preachers who call you a heathen when you roll your eyes and turn the music up in your headphones to max volume, public transportation riders seem to be sent to make your day as hellish as possible.
4. Scissors packages. You can't open a package of good scissors without scissors. It's a conspiracy.
5. Luggage locks. It's not like you can use the damn things anymore. I don't why they're still being sold.
6. Old male joggers. I mean, there's nothing wrong with getting your exercise on. There is something wrong with running without a shirt when you're hairy and your stomach touches your knees.
7. Bikers who think they own the road. Stay in your lane and I'll stay in mine. Just because you're on a bike doesn't mean you can weave in and out of traffic. If you cross in front of me I'll hit you.
8. Pedestrians who think they can make it across. If you're walking, and a car is coming, don't try to tempt fate by running in front of it. In a fight between man and car the car always wins. Always.


9. Bratz Dolls. Dolls with big heads and clown feet with clothing that little girls shouldn't even know exists. As before, enough said.
10. Matches. By the time you get the damn thing lighted you don't even want to use it anymore. And God forbid you don't move your finger out of the way fast enough.

I'll add more to the list as events (and stupid things) warrant.

No comments: